As cases of corona virus in Pakistan were significantly reduced due to smart lockdown implemented by Prime Minister, Imran Khan but reopening of educational institutions, marriage halls, public places have increased the corona cases in Pakistan.
On Wednesday, October 28,2020 The National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) had made it compulsory for every citizen of Pakistan to wear a mask while leaving your homes. In the light of increasing cases of this deadly virus NCOC had made new rules that will be implemented from October 29,2020, are listed below:
- It is mandatory to wear a mask in both public and private offices.
- Marriage halls will be closed at 10 p.m and it is made mandatory for everyone to wear a mask inside the halls.
- Public places will be closed at 6 p.m and masks are compulsory for citizens.
- Restaurants,markets,shopping malls and bazars etc will be closed by 10 p.m and SOP’S should strictly be followed.
- Hospitals and medical stores will not follow these new rules as they are necessary for the help of patients.
Yesterday,NCOC chairperson, Asad Umer tweeted that Govt has changed the testing method i.e anitgen testing in addition to PCR. Anitgen Testing is a very reliable method as they detect the presence of anitgen which causes the certian infection.
According to the NCOC there are 825 reported cases in 24 hrs in Pakistan with 14 deaths.
Deputy Commissioner Islamabad, Hamza Shafqat tweeted in which he said that “Section 144 is imposed on wearing Face masks / covers in Islamabad . Anyone not wearing them in public places can be arrested by Police.”
On Tuesday, Dr Faisal Sultan, Special Assistant to Prime minister on Health said that 400-500 cases are reported daily in Pakistan and 700-750 infections per day. He also said that death ratio is increasing in pakistan by 2.5-2.75%. He said that everyone should follow SOP’S, given the pandemic is still hitting the country.